Family Improvement Board Member’s roles and responsibilities:
• Ensure the services meet local needs and contribute to improving outcomes for children and their families
• Support and challenge the children’s centres
• Work with the Early Years Co-ordinator to identify priorities through effective engagement and consultation
• Consider and make recommendations on objectives and the children’s centre action plan
• Monitor progress through performance outcomes
• Be a voice for the children’s centres within the local community
• If the member is representing an organisation, then they are responsible for taking the learning and actions back to their own organisation to cascade and ensure that all frontline staff and volunteers are briefed and seeking to tackle disadvantage by working on the priorities and actioned outlined in the improvement plan.