Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
This Achieving Excellence Quarterly
Performance Report provides an overview of Staffordshire County
Council’s performance and highlights the progress we’re
making in delivering our three outcomes focussed upon
• The people of Staffordshire will be able to access more good jobs and feel the benefits of economic growth
• The people of Staffordshire will be healthier and more independent
• The people of Staffordshire will feel safer, happier and more supported in and by their community
This report also outlines an update on a well-run Council, including the financial position of the county council including delivery of the Medium Term Financial Strategy.
“This report reflects the progress we are making in responding to our communities and creating a connected Staffordshire where everyone has the opportunity to prosper, be healthy and be happy.
Throughout the report are examples of how through our own work and by joining forces with partner organisations across Staffordshire we provide crucial leadership on key issues that matter to local people. They include delivering jobs and growth, promoting healthier lifestyles by addressing problems caused by alcohol and obesity, and making Staffordshire safer.”
Philip Atkins, Leader of the Council
“Through continuing innovation and stronger links with our partners we aim to deliver a more prosperous, healthier and happier Staffordshire. This report shows the progress we have made so far, and the challenges we must overcome to deliver our ambitions for Staffordshire and local people.”
Ian Parry, Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Finance, Resources and Transformation.
Reasons for the Decision – To consider the progress being made against the County Council’s three priority outcomes of:
· The people of Staffordshire will be able to access more good jobs and feel the benefits of economic growth.
· The people of Staffordshire will be healthier and more independent.
· The people of Staffordshire will feel safer, happier and more supported in and by their community.
Alternative Options Considered – None
Decision – That the Achieving Excellence Quarterly Performance Report be received and noted.
Report author: Kate Waterhouse
Publication date: 19/12/2013
Date of decision: 18/12/2013
Decided at meeting: 18/12/2013 - Cabinet
Effective from: 25/12/2013